KOffice (pronounced "K-office") is an integrated office suite for the K Desktop Environment (KDE), a desktop interface for Unix systems. KOffice is the most notable of all KDE applications, since it singlehandedly provides most of the basic productivity features needed by KDE users. Like KDE, both the KOffice source code and the office suite itself are available as free downloads.
KOffice includes several different applications, including productivity, creativity, management, and supporting programs. The applications included with KOffice are listed below.
- KWord - a frame-based word processor
- KSpread - a spreadsheet program
- KPresenter - a presentation creation program
- Kexi - a database program
- Krita - a raster graphic editing program that supports layers
- Karbon14 - a vector graphics drawing application
- Kivio - a flowcharting program
- KPlato - a project management and planning program
- KFormula - a mathematical formula editor
- KChart - a graphing and charting program
- Kugar - a business report generating application
More information about KOffice is available at the KOffice Homepage.
Updated: December 29, 2008