TechTerms is a free online dictionary of computer and Internet terms. The original TechTerms site launched in 2005 and it has been growing ever since. TechTerms definitions are available via the web as well as from mobile apps for iOS and Android.
The goal of TechTerms is simple — we want to make technical terms easy to understand. Instead of using high-level terminology, TechTerms definitions are written in simple everday language. We also believe that while definitions of computer terms are helpful, simple explanations of terms with examples are even better. Therefore, most definitions on TechTerms.com include real-life examples of how the term is used.
Some terms in the TechTerms Computer Dictionary are commonly used and require little technical knowledge to understand. Others are less common and may have definitions that contain more advanced terminology. For this reason, each definition includes a "Tech Factor" rating from 1 to 10. Terms with low tech factors are basic terms that are well known, while terms with high tech factors are more advanced and are not used as often.
If you have questions about using the TechTerms website or mobile apps, please visit the Help Center where you can find answers to frequently asked questions. If you have other inquiries or would like to suggest a term, please contact us.
Per Christensson is the author of all TechTerms definitions.
- 10/31/2017: Simple Definitions for Technology Newbies - RewardExpert.com
- 10/3/2017: Translating Financial Terminology - BadCredit.org
- 8/18/2017: Helping Marketers Define Digital Jargon - DealCrunch.com
- 5/05/2017: Relatable Definitions to Help Consumers - CardRates.com
- 3/17/2017: Consult the TechTerms Dictionary - DatingAdvice.com
- 5/12/2016: Giving Technical Topics Digestible Definitions - HostingAdvice.com