What is the Tech Factor?
The Tech Factor is a rating used to describe the technical level of each definition in the Tech Terms Computer Dictionary.
Each term has a tech factor ranging from 1 to 10, where 1 is the most basic and 10 is the most advanced. Below is an explantion of each tech factor rating.
- Basic computer term, used often
- Very common term, easy to understand
- Frequently used term, basic terminology
- Not used everyday, but still important to know
- Somewhat technical, but still considered basic computing terminology
- May contain advanced terminology, but helpful to know
- More specific term, only used in certain computer industries
- Advanced term, may be difficult for the average user to understand
- Used infrequently, contains advanced terminology
- Highly specific and advanced term, may impress even your nerdiest friends
NOTE: You can browse all terms by Tech Factor using the Browse page.